Monday, September 27, 2021

Things I like to do to save time and money

Hello and welcome! thank you so far if you have been reading my blogs on this site. I do also write on Wordpress.com blog, and you can see all blogs and videos on my Pinterest site: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/thetypicalLondongal 

This blog is about things I do to save me money. 

So the first thing is on my bank cards and tend since Lockdown and Coronavirus is pay most things via debit, and so not carry too much cash but have some just as emergency, and set a budget on all items I buy or am willing to pay for an item. This to me is important because I find it disciplines me and helps me take charge over I buy and keeps me in control of my spending. 




When it comes to travel I tend to take buses rather than trains, and give myself plenty of time to get to wear I need to be, but then I will as a change get the train. If you do a lot of travel and have a Oyster card and do a lot of travel mainly buses you stop being charged. Those buses are TFL buses not country buses which many take cash and not card. 

I will use items I have washed on the draining board and not waste washing up other items to save on water. I will drink tap water and I will have one shower a day using the toilteries I have stocked on so I never run out of them. With toilteries I do have budget also. I use every bit of them, before replacing. 

Point cards of retailers I use regulary will use to save and use points on gifts or as a emergency. I buy items secondhand and welcome hand-me- downs which I think I have already blogged about, but great way to save and on items I know I am gonna use or wear. 

When I shopping in big large stores I will still make a list, and use it. If any items I forgot I jot it down as I shop. 

A list for me always required and ignore items near the checkouts. Do a price check on cost of items bought online and items sold in the stores and often it can be a saver to buy online and the other way around too. 

So I hope you find this blog interesting and helpful. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X  

No comments:

Post a Comment