Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Shopping Ideas/Saving up/Quarterly shopping

So I have had my splurge for this part of the year I won't need anything else, but if you do then now is the time to spend money on clothes for the summer. I do like to limit it, and so that's what I'm gonna do. I don't need a load of shorts for example, just 4 pairs and that's it. 


Keep a list the same as a grocery list of clothes that have worn and need to be replaced, and going through items in your food or clothes you have never used, and can be given to a foodbank if the items is in date and not used. 

I don't need any more tops and dresses and wear what I have got and now gonna have no spending week again. Being in a mental health hospital kept my spending at bay, and I had a clear out of items I bought that I will never get around to wearing. So handed them down to family who would get some use out of them. 

When it comes to buying ask your self these: 

  • Do I already have that?
  • Does that item go with my current items I have? 
  • How much am I willing to spend?
  • If I have that item will I feel guilt?
  • What I have plenty of?
I have always been sensible until now and so I am working to get myself on track and now not spend a penny again for this quarter and even not much during the next one. 




I like to have no spending weeks and have just gone through this quarter and I have set a goal of how much I want saved. 

To control your money here are things I do to stop me: 

  • Break it down a bit at a time 
  • When it comes to food do an inventory list 
  • Set financial goals 
  • Have an outside source to help manage your money 
  • Keep tabs on bills to be paid 
  • Go through finances each month and each quarter



Then it is saving for birthdays. Do I have items in my stash that could be used as a gift?
Can I make a gift? Can I make the birthday card?

Use points to build and use these to save on things you may need, find out if you can get cash back,
Save change and have some cash on you so you don't have to use debit or credit cards.

So, how are you going to save money? Do you have some tips on shopping ideas?
You can leave a comment below.

Thank you for reading, 

Carrie X  



No comments:

Post a Comment