Thursday, August 6, 2026

I love trips to the theatre

Since a kid I have always loved going to the theatre. As a child my parents with friends, took us a lot to the theatre to see children shows and after 30 or so years of wanting to see the Phantom of the Opera, remembering when it first was on stage I finally went to see it this year. Today I took my son to see a show called Arthur at the Polka Theatre and if they'd like to sponsor me that would be a dream come true because its brilliant for kids and adults and it was the best one so far. 


When I was a kid it was Keith and Orvil Show, Sootie, Buttermoon and loved double acts and got to see Cannon and Ball in Panto and many other stars and it was a regular thing we did and I loved going to London to see a show and still now with my son I love the theatre. Every year we go to a Panto. Its become a yearly tradition and will always be my thing to do.

My son really enjoys it. I would say to take them to the Polka at first before going to a bigger theatre because my first big show I took my son, well his first, there was a guy who was really rude to me and it was the afternoon matinee and so there were a lot of children there and it really put me off and so the children's theatres are a great way to introduce them to it and people can be unkind when going to bigger theatres and it was unnecessary. I feel people should understand that children do find it hard to sit still and he wasn't being a pain he was getting restless and felt that I did my best and I didn't need for that guy to be horrible. 

If you like to go to show where there is less children then go in the evening, my advice because the afternoon shows are for children and full of kids or go to an adult type show. 

I am sad that Live At The Apollo is not continuing as I loved that and a lot are doing one woman or mans shows and seeing Jason Donovan in the Rocky Horror Show was good and never thought I'd see Jason is women's underwear but that is the good thing about shows it can really help take your mind off your troubles and just taking it in and be in a different place. 

If you recommend any shows then please recommend in the comment section below. 

I feel theatre is in my blood and just love it so much and hope it never phases out. There's going to be a theatre show of Beatle Juice and so will be one I'd like to see. I feel that its just a great thing to do on your own or with family and friends. A good excuse to dress up and be somewhere else. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment